Coal City University is conducting a search for a Registrar. The Governing Council hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. Interested applicants are requested to note the following information.
Coal City University (CCU) in Enugu State of Nigeria is a not-for-profit private university established in 2016. The University is a globally focused and fast-rising university in Nigeria. The University aspires to be a world-class centre of learning and research that will produce well-rounded, entrepreneurial, and globally employable graduates.
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University except as regards academic and financial matters. The Registrar carries an enormous responsibility. Promotion of the welfare and discipline of a thriving workforce comprising academic and non-teaching staff relies largely on the capability and quality leadership the Registrar can provide. The Registrar is, by virtue of that office, Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of four (4) years only, on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Candidates must possess a good honours Degree with a minimum of Second-Class Upper Division in Humanities or related disciplines obtained from a recognised University and significant administrative and professional experience, with a minimum of five years at the senior professional level in a University or organisation of comparable standing. Membership of recognised professional bodies will be added advantage.
The candidate shall be a person of rounded character and personality with excellent interpersonal relations. He/ She must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people. He/ She must fully understand the complexity of a University system and be capable of bringing out the best in the subordinates and effectively utilise the University human resources to attain a world class administrative system. Candidates must have a private sector orientation, must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant and be a good team player. He/ She must be of pleasant disposition, high integrity and strong moral character so as to inspire and maintain discipline among staff and students.
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Appropriately experienced and qualified should please forward the following materials- a cover letter, curriculum vitae, credentials and contact information of three professional references electronically (all in one single pdf file), and in confidence to [email protected].
Application closes 12am, Friday, 1st July, 2022.
TELEMARKETING AND ADMISSION SPECIALIST
Coal City University urgently need energetic people with a good personalities to join our growing telemarketing and admission team.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
The successful applicants will have exceptional
communication and interpersonal skills as well as a strong work ethic. He or she, must be a self-starter and highly motivated to provide prospective students with accurate information about the University programmes and application procedures. The applicant must possess working knowledge in social media, digital communications and a commitment to service
excellence as a representative of the University.
Coal City University (CCU) in Enugu State of Nigeria is a not-for-profit private university established in 2016. The University is a globally focused and fast-rising university in Nigeria. The University aspires to be a world-class centre of learning and research that will produce well-
rounded, entrepreneurial, and globally employable graduates.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Call prospective students using established methods.
- Counsel and advice prospects about CCU academic programmes.
- Respond to inquiries regarding scholarships, admission process, and related matters
- Develop and maintain relationships with enrolled students.
- Live Chat and provide basic Support
- Meet goals for volume of enrolments and various performance metrics within the University guidelines
- Attend recruitment events, on and off-campus, as an Admissions representative and build recruitment relationships with prospective
- Effectively execute weekly telemarketing campaigns and recruitment goals.
- Respond to inquiries regarding scholarships, admission process, and related matters.
- Update and maintain a digital interaction with prospective students.
- Strictly honour the privacy and security of student records and other sensitive information according to regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organise, and follow up on tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of
established time frames.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software – proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programmes.
- Customer Service – Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in English Language or Mass Communication (Preferred)
Preferred: Experience working in a Marketing Team is preferred. However, We will offer the suitable candidates ongoing training development programmes to enable you To Be At Your Best!
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae and application letter. Applications should be addressed to the Registrar and should be submitted online through email to [email protected] by referencing posting: Ref Code: CCU/03/22.