Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following academic positions in the following disciplines in Coal City University (CCU), Enugu.
Disciplines in the Faculty of Arts, Social & Management Sciences
- English and Literary Studies
- History and Diplomatic Studies
- International Relations
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Criminology and Security Studies
Disciplines in the Faculty of Natural & Applied Sciences
- Computer Science
ACADEMIC STAFF POSITIONS
- Assistant Lecturer
- Lecturer II
- Lecturer I
- Senior lecturer
The positions involve teaching, research as well as community service activities at the relevant levels
REQUIREMENTS TO BE MET BY APPLICANTS
- Candidates for the post of Assistant lecturer must possess a high quality second class honors degree as well as high quality Master’s degree in the relevant discipline from a reputable university. Possession of previous university teaching experience and scholarly publication will be an advantage.
- Candidates for the post of lecturer II must in addition to the conditions enumerated for Assistant Lecturer above possess a Ph.D degree in the relevant discipline from a reputable university. Possession of previous university teaching experience and scholarly publication will be an advantage.
- Candidates for the post of Lecturer I must in addition to the conditions enumerated for Lecturer II above possess at least two years post qualification experience preferably in a university or in an institution of similar standing and a considerable number of scholarly publications in highly reputable journals.
- Candidates for the post of Senior Lecturer must in addition to the conditions enumerated for Lecturer I above possess at least five years post qualification experience, in a university or in an institution of similar standing and evidence of at least 12 high quality scholarly publications in highly reputable journals.
Candidates for the post of Reader:
- Must possess a Ph.D in the relevant field from a reputable University.
- Must possess minimum of 6 years of teaching/research experience in a university or similar institution.
- Must be registered with the relevant professional bodies where applicable.
- Should show evidence of at least 20 high quality scholarly publications in highly reputable journals.
- Should possess evidence of teaching/research experience in a university (or an equivalent institution) as well as competences for providing leadership in teaching, research and mentorship of younger colleagues, general service in line with the needs of the relevant department/faculty and CCU.
- The conditions in 5 (a)-(e) are applicable to candidates for the post of professor and in addition candidates must show evidence of at least 25 very high quality scholarly publications in highly reputable journals.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The terms and conditions including remuneration and other conditions of service will be as may be specified in the letter of appointment and in accordance with regulations made by the Governing Council of Coal City University on appointments and promotions.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates are to follow the instructions strictly. At the end of the application form, candidates are to upload copy of most recent and updated Curriculum Vitae and all degree certificates only in a single PDF file (Only PDF file format is accepted and it must be in a single file).
All candidates are not only expected to be ICT compliant but should actually be ICT savvy.
Prospective applicants are advised to beware of and avoid any link or anybody outside the platform of Coal City University who pretend to be offering assistance as fraudsters abound everywhere trying to take advantage of those who refuse to heed the advice to follow due process. For the avoidance of doubt, the University will not take responsibility for the defrauding of interested candidates by anyone unknown to her and not presented to any candidate by the University as acting on her behalf for the purposes of this advert. Applications shall be open from December 18, 2018 to January 13, 2019. This will be followed by a process culminating in the interview of highly qualified applicants.