COAL CITY UNIVERSITY, ENUGU
OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR
COVID-19 and LASSA FEVER Prevention Committee
To shut Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Lassa Fever, which pose serious public health risks at the moment, out of our University, Management has taken the following proactive measures:
1. All international travels of staff and students to Europe, Asia and other high-risk areas are suspended until further notice.
All incoming and outgoing exchange programmes as well as international visits of professors, foreign partners and collaborators are suspended until further notice.
2. Staff and students already on international travel should inform the University of their return through 08035537216; then, commence self-quarantine at home for fourteen (14) days before reporting physically to the office.
3. All staff and students are mandated to get, and carry on them at all times, for their regular use, hand sanitizers that are at least 70% alcohol-based.
4. Staff, students and other members of the community are encouraged to wash their hands up to the elbow level regularly.
5. Buckets are being provided and maintained in strategic positions on campus to ensure ease of compliance.
6. All persons with symptoms of respiratory tract infection or hemorrhagic fever should see a doctor for treatment and stay home for the period of the sickness. Management is arranging for a quarantine facility on campus for the benefit of students.
7. We are all further enjoined to:
a. Maintain a high sense of decorum in the management of sneezing, coughing and spitting in public. Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough, using tissue paper or the inside of your elbow. Use facemask if the sneezing persists.
b. Ensure high personal hygiene and a clean environment devoid of rodent infestation.
c. Minimize handshake and other unnecessary body contact.
d. Keep hands away from your face, especially the nose, eyes and mouth.
e. Avoid over crowded places as much as possible
f. Avoid close contact with people who are sick (Not more than one (1) person should accompany a sick student/staff to the Medical Centre or hospital).
8. There is no need for panic, as these precautionary measures will go a long way to keep you safe.
The University COVID-19 and Lassa Fever Prevention Committee, in collaboration with the Department of Health Services, will embark on sensitization of the University community on the COVID-19 and Lassa Fever through various media. Please pay attention to updates that will be given on various platforms.
Meanwhile, anybody who observes or suspects symptoms of COVID-19 or Lassa Fever should IMMEDIATELY contact CCU COVID-19 hotline: 08031583225